Toshiba FlashAir™ Wireless SD Card incorporates flash memory and can be used as a standard SD Memory Card for storing any kind of digital data. It is fully compliant with the SD Card standards defined by the SD-Association. In addition, FlashAir™ includes a Wireless LAN chip set plus antenna for wireless communications.
By offering this Wireless LAN functionality, FlashAir™ provides the advantage of allowing access to the data stored on the SD Card without the need to remove the card or plug a cable to the device. Simply connect the remote host by linking it to the Wireless LAN Access Point of the FlashAir™ SD Card, start a browser tool and all the data on the card can be read and transferred from the FlashAir™ SD Card to the remote host. This basic functionality does not require any special driver or software installation on either side. The Wireless LAN function transfers any type of data and can be secured with WPA2.
The FlashAir™ SD Card will create a Wireless LAN (WLAN) Access Point (AP). Any other device which has a WLAN function (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone) can connect to this AP and create a direct communication channel to the FlashAir™ SD Card inside the camera. There is no need to remove the card or to plug a cable into the camera. FlashAir™ includes a HTML Server function which allows easy access to all data stored on the card by simply using any kind of browser on the remote Host (e.g. PC, Tablet, Smartphone). Now you can see all pictures or movies taken by the camera inside the browser window. You may decide to store a local copy of the files to the remote Host.
Toshiba FlashAir™ Wireless SD Card is built in accordance with Toshiba’s high quality standard that is backed by a 5-year limited standard warranty3.
- Wireless data transfer of the data stored on the FlashAir™ SD Card.
- Easy to set up the connection from PC and smartphone.
- Does not require any special driver or software installation on your devices.
- Built-in wireless LAN access point does not require device connected to Internet.
- Low power consumption
- Data sharing by multiple connections simultaneously
- 5-year limited standard warranty included3
- Capacity: 8GB1
- Speed Class 6
- Weight: 0.1 Oz (without case)
- Dimensions: 1.26"H x 0.95"W x 0.08"D
In the Box:
- Toshiba FlashAir™ 8GB1 Wireless Memory Card
- Jewel Case
- User Manual
1. One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and one Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
2. Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
3. This product is covered by a five (5) year standard limited warranty. The warranty brochure is included with the product or can be viewed online at http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/accessories5yr. For Canada the warranty information is available at http://www.toshiba.ca/warranty