Toshiba Introduces Affordable Touchscreen Ultrabook
Toshiba Introduces Affordable Touchscreen Ultrabook
New Satellite U845t Perfectly Designed for Everyday Use and Touch Experience Featuring Windows 8, Starts at $799.99
LAS VEGAS, CES 2013, LVCC Central Hall Booth #10926Jan. 8, 2013Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the Satellite® U845t, a 14-inch touchscreen Ultrabook™. Designed for everyday productivity and entertainment, the Satellite U845t delivers an ideal mix of portability, features and performanceat a more affordable price, starting at $799.99 MSRP1.
"A touchscreen Ultrabook provides the best of both worldswith quick start-up and a long battery life rating plus an intuitive Windows 8 experience," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The new Satellite U845t proves that consumers don't have to pay a lot to get a stylish, lightweight Ultrabook."
Weighing just around four pounds and measuring only 0.8 inches thin, it offers all the performance of a conventional PC but with slimmer styling and less weight. Featuring a 14-inch diagonal HD touchscreen display2 great for Windows 8, consumers can easily navigate the operating system using gestures on the screen, from quickly switching between apps to playing games to flicking through photos in a gallery. The Satellite U845t is constructed of durable aluminum in Ice Blue and also includes a spacious clickpad with Windows 8 gesture support.
Powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors and fast DDR3 memory, the Ultrabook features a 500GB hard drive3 with 32GB solid state drive4 cache, delivering extremely responsive performance and resumes from sleep in seconds. The Satellite U845t also includes stereo speakers with SRS® Premium Sound 3D™ sound enhancements, improved video playback capabilities with Resolution+ video upscaling5, an HD webcam and can be configured with an optional LED backlit keyboard.
- 14-inch diagonal HD TruBrite® touchscreen display with 1366 x768 resolution
- 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3 or i5 processor6
- Up to 6GB fast 1600MHz DDR3 memory7
- 1 USB 3.08 and 2 USB 2.0 ports
- USB Sleep & Charge9
- HDMI® port, Ethernet port and Memory Card Slot
Pricing and Availability
The new Satellite U845t will be available for purchase on March 10, 2013 at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com for a starting price of $799.99 MSRP.
Image Gallery: www.toshibapresscenter.com
Connect with Toshiba on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaUSA, on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price."
2. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
3. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
4. Solid State Drive Capacity. Drive capacity may vary. One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Solid State Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
5. Upconverter/Upconversion Technology (Resolution+® Technology). Viewing enhancements may vary depending upon content quality and display device capability/functionality/settings. Depending on the quality of the content, some video noise may be visible.
6. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
7. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
8. USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
9. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.