TOSHIBA INTRODUCES NEW PARTNER PROGRAM FOR ITS VIRTUAL DESKTOP SERVICE
Toshiba Solutions Partner Program Designed to Support and Create the Value For Managed IT Service Providers
IRVINE, Calif. – May 28, 2014 Toshiba’s Cloud Services and Solutions Division (CLD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the Toshiba Solutions Partner Program. Developed to meet the specific needs of channel partners, the new program supports and enables managed IT service providers (MSPs) to integrate the powerful, scalable and secure Toshiba Virtual Desktop Service (VDS) into their portfolios and deliver it to their customers.
“Hosted virtualized desktops are an increasingly more compelling solution for companies confronting the dual challenges of cost constraints and increasingly mobile and dispersed workforces,” said Terry Cronin, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, Cloud Services and Solutions, Toshiba America Information Systems. “We’ve invested considerable time and resources in learning from MSPs how to bring a service like this to their customers and developed our program to best meet their needs.”
“Partnering with Toshiba, we were able to enhance our portfolio with a reliable, fast and easily scalable virtual desktop solution that can fit the varying needs of each of our customers,” said Steve Churchill, president and CEO, PreferredPartner. “Not only does Toshiba deliver the technology, but they provide the training tools and marketing support that help us be successful.”
The Toshiba Solutions Partner Program includes a range of resources to support partners:
- Monthly Recurring Revenue: More than a one-time commission structure, Toshiba VDS sales compensation provides a monthly revenue stream for the duration of the customer’s contract.
- Built-to-Order Capabilities: Because no two customers are identical, Toshiba provides the flexibility and unique solutions for partners to deliver custom product configurations to their customers.
- Co-Marketing Support: To support partners’ sales efforts, Toshiba provides custom marketing campaigns tailored to their specific needs including sales collateral, email templates, content, webinars, events and more.
- Training Tools: Toshiba provides a full range of training and support materials such as training courses, user guides and videos as well as a hands-on evaluation demonstration.
- Deal Registration Program: Provides a rebate when partners register sales opportunities and book valid sales.
- Special Bid Program: Offers a quick turnaround service when partners submit bids for opportunities that require special discounts.
- Sales Incentives: Toshiba offers generous sales incentives that are clearly defined, and designed to improve partners’ bottom line.
As a global technology innovator, leading storage provider and laptop pioneer for over a quarter century, Toshiba offers the expertise and secure data center infrastructure to host, manage and deliver virtual desktops to your customers. The Toshiba Virtual Desktop Service (VDS) is a scalable hosted desktop cloud solution that allows Windows and other business software applications traditionally located on individual PCs to be installed, stored, run and managed on servers in secure Toshiba data centers.
Toshiba offers flexible package options with a minimum of 50 desktops and 6-month contract commitment. The Standard Desktop Package includes 1 virtual CPU, 2GB RAM, 20GB for OS and 5GB of user storage and the Power Desktop Package includes 2 virtual CPUs, 4GB RAM, 40GB for OS and 10GB of user storage. Toshiba also offers configure-to-order packages where customers can configure their Virtual Desktop Service to meet their specific needs.
For more information about the Toshiba Solutions Partner Program please visit Toshiba.com/solutions-partner.
Connect with Toshiba on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaUSA, on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading laptops, tablets, HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc™ and media streaming products; physical and cloud storage solutions; virtual desktop infrastructure; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit toshiba.com/us
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.