Toshiba Canvio® Desk Desktop External Hard Drive is easy to set up and is ideal for expanding your storage needs. This drive offers high capacity storage in a small compact design that saves your precious desk space.
The Canvio® Desk’s built-In USB 3.0 Interface significantly improves file transfer performance for large media files and dramatically minimizes the wait time for backup. Plus, it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
The Canvio® Desk is designed to be versatile on your desktopsupporting both horizontal and vertical orientation to fit your space whether in your home or office. Its fan-less design makes drive operation whisper quiet while efficiently keeping the drive cool.
Safeguard your valuable data
The Canvio® Desk desktop external hard drive is preloaded with software to make backup fast and simple.
The included NTI® Backup Now EZ™ software scans your system and recommends the best coverage for your computer. Choose between backing up your files to the cloud, backing up your files and folders to your Canvio® Desk hard drive, backing up everything saved on your computer, or choose all three for the most comprehensive coverage.
Click the restore button and you can recover a file or folder. Boot to your Canvio® Desk Hard Drive and it will restore all the files saved on your computer2. We’ve even included a utility to create a bootable USB flash drive to make the process even simpler.
Secure your backup files with password-protected data encryption, (up to 256-bit), to help keep your backup safe and prevent unauthorized access.
The Drive Space Alert monitor will keep an eye on your drive and let you know when it is getting full.
For advanced users, we’ve added the ability to customize your backup routine. Options include the ability to select only the most common file types, (like work documents, pictures, movies, music, etc.), change how often your backup takes place (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) and change the threshold settings on the Drive Space Alert.
Backed by a 3-year limited warranty, Toshiba Canvio® Desk Desktop External Hard Drive is built in accordance with Toshiba’s high quality standard offering reliable high capacity add-on storage and backup solution with the latest USB technology.
- Expand your Digital Storage
- High capacity storage in a compact desktop design
- Versatile: fits your space
- o Versatile orientation that fits your space in your home or office
- Safeguard your valuable data
- Preloaded easy-to-use backup software
- Secure backup with password
- Schedule automatic backup
- File, folder and full system backup and recovery
- Easy to set up
- USB plug and play
- USB 3.0 + USB 2.0 compatible
- Peace of Mind
- 3-year limited warranty included5
- Capacity1: 4TB
- Interfaces: USB 3.0 (backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Interface Transfer Rate3:
- Speed: 7200 RPM
- Average Seek Time: 10.5ms
- Cache Buffer: 32MB
- Size (mm): 129(L) X 42(W) X 167(H)
- Color: Black/Black
- Weight: 1,040g Max
- Toshiba Canvio® Desk Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable
- AC Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- NTI® Backup Now EZ™ (preloaded on drive)
- 3-Year Limited Warranty (preloaded on drive)5
- Formatted NTFS for Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1
- Requires reformatting for Mac OS® X Tiger®, Leopard® , Snow Leopard®, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion
- Available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- USB 3.0 port required for high speed transfers
1. One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and one Terabyte (TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
2. Compatible with Windows® OS only
3. Transfer rate may vary depending on user’s system configuration and capabilities.
4. 5 Gbps is the maximum interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
5. This product is covered by a three (3) year standard limited warranty. A copy of the warranty is preinstalled on the drive or can be viewed online at http://pcsupport.toshiba.com/accessories3yr.
6. Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system