Toshiba Canvio® Slim II for Mac® Portable External Hard Drive is ideal for taking your storage on the go. This drive offers high capacity storage in a slim and sleek brushed aluminum design that is a perfect companion for your MacBook.
Ready for your Mac®
The Canvio® Slim II for Mac® is designed to work with your Mac – right out of the box. No need to waste time reformatting the drive or installing complicated backup software. It is compatible with Apple® Time Machine®. Plus, the sleek aluminum design goes well with your MacBook.
Access & Share
Stay connected with your friends and family with the Pogoplug®3. Leave your Canvio® Slim II at home, connected to your Mac®2 and still have complete access to all your files, photos, music and movies on any computer, smartphone or tablet – anywhere, anytime3. You can even share massive files and folders instantly from your Mac® and Canvio® Slim II with Pogoplug®. As an extra bonus, Canvio® Slim II includes 10GB of free cloud storage3 for storing “always-available” copies of important files.
The Canvio® Slim II is sleek and ultra portable – yet able to store even the largest digital libraries with 500GB storage capacity. Forget your files? No problem – the Canvio® Slim II comes with file and folder remote access feature so you can access your files anywhere anytime via the internet3. You can even back up content from your mobile devices to the Canvio® Slim II or to the cloud3.
The Canvio® Slim II Portable Drives include a password lock feature that prevents unauthorized access to your drive. Get peace of mind knowing your data is kept safe on the go.
Backups and file security should never weigh on you – no matter where you go. So get the sleek, light and stylish Canvio® Slim II Portable External Hard Drive, and make sure your digital treasures plus peace of mind are always at hand.
- Mac-ready out of the box
- No drive reformatting or backup software installation required
- Apple® Time Machine® compatible
- Sleek brushed aluminum design perfectly complements your MacBook
- Access & Share
- Access and share content from any device anywhere via the internet3
- Upload and download content from any device easily
- Share massive files and folders instantly from your Mac® and Canvio® Slim II
- Mobile & Secure
- Access content remotely from mobile devices3
- Back up content from your mobile devices3
- Password lock feature to prevent unauthorized drive access
- Peace of Mind
- 3-year limited warranty included6
- Capacity1: 500GB
- Interfaces: USB 3.0 (backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Interface Transfer Rate4:
- Up to 5 Gb/s (USB 3.0)5
- Up to 480 Mb/s (USB 2.0)
- Speed: 5400 RPM
- Average Seek Time: 12 ms
- Cache Buffer: 8MB
- Size (in):
- 500GB: 4.21(L) X 2.95(W) X 0.35(H)
- Color: Silver
In the Box:
- Toshiba Canvio® Slim II for Mac® Portable Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Pogoplug software (preloaded on drive)
- HDD Password Tool (preloaded on drive)
- 3-Year Limited Warranty (preloaded on drive)6
- Formatted for Mac OS® X (Snow Leopard®, Lion®, & Mountain Lion®)
- Available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
1. One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (1TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB= 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system and other factors.
2. Mac must be powered on.
3. Includes free downloadable copy of Pogoplug® PC with 10GB of free cloud storage. Internet connection required for remote access
4. Transfer rate may vary depending on user's system configuration and capabilities.
5. 5 Gbps is the maximum interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus
6. This product is covered by a three (3) year standard limited warranty. A copy of the warranty is preinstalled on the drive or can be viewed online at http://support.toshiba.com/warranty.
7. Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system
Specifications:Color : Silver