500GB Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drive in Black with Carrying Case
Canvio 3.0 products have been designed and manufactured in accordance with Toshiba's high quality product standards, incorporating the latest technology and user-interface, while ensuring best-in-class performance, quality and workmanship. With Toshiba's Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drives, you'll enjoy portable storage space for even the largest digital libraries.
Our 500GB1 Drive is capable of storing up to:
- 142,000 digital photos, or
- 131,000 digital music files, or
- 410 downloaded digital movies.
Each Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drive includes an internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology to help keep your drive safe.
Computer backup made fast and simple.
Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drives are preloaded with software to make backup fast and simple.
The included NTI® Backup Now EZ™ software scans your system and recommends the best coverage for your computer. Choose between backing up your files to the cloud, backing up your files and folders to your Canvio 3.0 portable hard drive, backing up everything saved on your computer, or choose all three for the most comprehensive coverage.
Click the restore button and you can recover a file or folder. Boot to your Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drive and it will restore all the files saved on your computer. We've even included a utility to burn a boot CD/DVD to make the process even simpler.
Secure your backup files with password-protected data encryption, (up to 256-bit), to help keep your backup safe and prevent unauthorized access.
The Drive Space Alert monitor will keep an eye on your drive and let you know when it is getting full.
For advanced users, we've added the ability to customize your backup routine. Options include the ability to select only the most common file types, (like work documents, pictures, movies, music, etc.), change how often your backup takes place (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) and change the threshold settings on the Drive Space Alert.
Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Portable Drives are compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
For over 20 years Toshiba has been developing and manufacturing hard drives used by every major brand of notebook computer. For more information on how we use this same technology in our external hard drives visit www.toshibastorage.com
- Protects your most important and cherished digital content with cloud storage.
- Transfers your large media files at blazing fast speeds with USB 3.0.
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
- Provides file, folder, and full system backup and recovery with pre-loaded backup software.
- Secures your backup with a password (Data Encryption, up to 256-bit).
- Alerts you when running low on backup capacity (Drive Space Alert).
- Protects your drive (Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp Loading Technology).
- Gives you peace of mind (Toshiba 3-Year Limited Warranty).
- Capacity: 500GB1
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Transfer Rate: Up to 5Gb/s
- Speed: 5,400 RPM
- Average Seek Time: 12ms
- Cache Buffer: 8MB
- Size: 3.1in (W) X 0.53in (H) X 4.7in (D)
- Color: Black
- Weight: 5.2 oz.
- Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (preloaded with backup software)
- USB 3.0 Cable (works with USB 2.0)
- Quick Install Guide / 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Carrying Case
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista or XP
- Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Port
1. One Gigabyte (1GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes and One Terabyte (1TB) means 1012 = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB= 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 240 = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes, and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system and other factors.