Toshiba Announce It's Most Advanced 3D Smart TV Series for 2012
Toshiba Announce It's Most Advanced 3D Smart TV Series for 2012
Next Generation 3D Smart TV with ePortal, MediaGuide and Dual Core CQ Engine Combine Smart House Connectivity, Simplified Navigation and Powerful Processing for an Enhanced User Experience
LAS VEGAS, CES 2012, LVCC Central Hall Booth #11026 Jan. 9, 2012 Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced an all new level of 3D Smart TV for 2012. Featuring a full suite of new capabilities including ePortal, MediaGuide, Open Browser, SearchAll, MediaShare, Send & Play, eManual, Tablet Remote App Capability (TRAC), built-in Wi-Fi® and the dual core CQ Engine™, Toshiba is changing the Smart TV experience.
"Toshiba's new Smart TVs should be called Genius TVs," said Scott Ramirez, vice president of product marketing and development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Our 2012 premium 3D TVs make discovering, navigating and organizing content simple and provide new levels of interaction with network-connected PCs and tablets, making the promise of a truly smart house a reality."
- ePortal with MediaGuide, SearchAll, Open Browser and eManual
Consumers don't just want a good Smart TV, they want a seamless Smart TV experience. Toshiba's new ePortal makes it easy to find and control all elements of the system. The built-in MediaGuide, featuring Rovi data, provides detailed program metadata for unmatched content discovery and organization. SearchAll allows consumers to enter any keyword and automatically search TV channels, streaming video and the home network for related content. Open Browser gives users access virtually any website and then create bookmarks for favorites. And, eManual puts the owner's manual on screen for quick access to possible questions.
- MediaShare, TRAC Tablet Remote App Capability and Send & Play
Toshiba's new Smart TVs include a new level of interoperability with other network-enabled devices in the home. MediaShare is a simple graphic DLNA® interface that allows the Smart TV to easily access and stream videos, music and photos from other home network devices. TRAC ensures that Toshiba Smart TVs are fully compatible with Android™-based devices. Used in conjunction with a free Toshiba Remote app that will be available in the Android Market, TRAC takes advantage of the full IR code library and IR blaster built into the TV, to provide unique total A/V system control. At the push of a button, the Send&Play app makes it simple to wirelessly share web-based content from a Toshiba Tablet on to Toshiba's Smart TVs via the web browser on the TV.
- Dual Core CQ Engine and Built-in Wi-Fi
Both Toshiba 3D Smart TV Series move to an all-new level of power with the dual core CQ (Cinema Quality) Engine. This 1GHz dual core ARM processor creates superior picture quality with enhanced brightness, sharpness, color saturation and sharpness. In addition, the added power of the CQ Engine ensures a robust smart TV experience with additional connectivity features and increased speed.
- Passive 3D and TriVector 2D to 3D Conversion
Toshiba utilizes Passive 3D Technology to create a fully immersive and comfortable 3D experience. With Passive 3D, consumers can enjoy hours of quality 3D without concerns about bulkier battery operated glasses that need recharging. In addition, with TriVector 2D to 3D Conversion, consumers can watch movies and TV in 3D, and even play standard video games in 3D, all the time. In addition, the TVs come with four pairs of passive 3D glasses.
Cinema Series 3D Smart TV
3D Smart TV
- L7200 Series: For those looking for the best possible experience, Toshiba's premium L7200 Cinema Series LED Smart 3D TV takes cosmetic design, picture quality and connectivity to all new levels. Full HD 1080p resolution high-quality panels ensure amazing 2D and 3D picture quality and detail, while ClearScan™ 240Hz technology minimizes blurring in fast motion video and Local Dimming provides deep contrast.
In addition, L7200 Cinema Series includes two-way ported speakers enhanced by the Audyssey® Premium Suite, which creates deeper bass and blocks distortion at louder volumes, while equalizing the softest and loudest sounds to the dynamic range of the audio system. The TVs also feature Toshiba's first-ever Aero™ bezel-less design, bringing the picture right to the edge of the glass for an amazing viewing experience as well as an elegant black glass table stand.
The L7200 Cinema Series features a full host of connectivity options including 4 HDMI ports, two USB video ports and an HD PC input. The Smart TV also comes with a full-size wireless keyboard for easy web navigation. The L7200 Cinema Series will be available in 47- and 55-inch class screen sizes.
- L6200 Series: The combination of Toshiba's Aero bezel-less design, immersive passive 3D, and robust Smart TV capabilities makes the L6200 Series hard to beat. The Smart 3D TVs feature 1080p Full HD panels with ClearScan 120Hz technology for great picture quality and detail and the Audyssey premium sound enhancement suite for increased bass and improved sound clarity. The L6200 Series will be available in 42-, 47- and 55-inch class screen sizes.
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba L7200 Cinema Series and L6200 3D Smart TVs will be available in March 2012. Pricing will be unveiled closer to availability. Both products will be sold at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com.
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/Toshiba3DTV
Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, on Facebook at facebook.com/ToshibaUSA and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
Access Communications for Toshiba
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. 3D Viewing: Important Safety Information. Due to the possible impact on vision development, viewers of 3D video images should be age 6 or above. Children and teenagers may be more susceptible to health issues associated with viewing in 3D and should be closely supervised to avoid prolonged viewing without rest. Some viewers may experience a seizure or blackout when exposed to certain flashing images or lights contained in certain 3D television pictures or video games. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition, or has a family history of epilepsy, should contact a health care provider before using the 3D function. See 3D Viewing: Important Safety Information Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com