Toshiba Announces Totally Redesigned LED TV Lineup for 2012
Toshiba Announces Totally Redesigned LED TV Lineup for 2012
Next Generation Televisions Deliver New Aero Family Design, Optimized Picture Performance, Enhanced Sound, a New 50-inch Screen Size and Superior Value
LAS VEGAS, CES 2012, LVCC Central Hall Booth #11026Jan. 9, 2012Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced a totally revamped HDTV line-up for 2012. New LED TV models feature key enhancements including a stylish new Aero™ Family Design, improved picture quality, enhanced sound quality and new 50-inch class size models. Toshiba's latest televisions are designed to offer more of what consumers really want.
"For 2012, Toshiba has focused on creating TVs that consumers really want to buy," said Scott Ramirez, vice president of product marketing and development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We have worked hard to enhance the core elements of a quality TV picture quality, sound quality and cosmetic design while maintaining affordable prices. Plus, we are offering our first 50-inch class size models, an LED screen size not previously available in the marketplace. Buyers looking for a 50-inch big screen will now have a choice of technologies and Toshiba will be providing the smart choice."
- Dynamic Picture Mode
Toshiba TVs include multiple picture mode options including Standard, Movie, PC, Native Mode™ and Expert Mode. Toshiba's 2012 line adds a new Dynamic Mode. This mode maximizes picture contrast, color and sharpness to provide a highly compelling and vivid visual experience.
- Audyssey Sound Enhancement Technology
As TVs get thinner, so can the sound. To help ensure a better sound experience, Toshiba has incorporated Audyssey® technology into all of its 2012 TV models. Features such as Audyssey EQ and Audyssey ABX deliver more natural sound and deeper bass performance. Toshiba's LED TV models incorporate Audyssey Premium Television suite of technologies, which includes Audyssey Dynamic Volume to eliminate sudden volume changes that viewers get from commercials and when changing channels.
- Aero Family Design
Virtually all 2012 Toshiba LED TVs now feature the new Aero Family Design. Hallmarked by a silver wing design along the bottom of the display as well as and thin bezel treatment, these TVs have a modern look that fits well into virtually any home décor.
- L5200 Series: Toshiba's L5200 Series LED TV is available in 40-, 46- and new 50-inch class screen sizes and features the latest Aero Family Design with an ultra-thin bezel. Full HD 1080p resolution displays for detailed, realistic images and the Series also includes ClearFrame™ 120Hz technology for clear fast action video. The L5200 Series comes equipped with the new Dynamic Picture Mode that creates vibrant images as well as the Audyssey premium sound enhancement suite for increased bass and improved sound clarity. The TVs also include a host of connectivity options with three HDMI® ports, an HD PC Input and a USB Media port. The L5200 Series will be available in March.
- L4200 Series: Toshiba's L4200 Series LED TV is available in the 19-, 24- and 32-inch class screen sizes for flexible placement around the home. This Series includes the new Dynamic Picture Mode and Audyssey sound enhancement suite as well as flexible connectivity with two HDMI ports, an HD PC Input and a USB Media port. The L4200 features Toshiba's new Aero Family Design and ultra-thin bezel for a sleek modern appearance. The 19- and 32-inch class size models feature 720p HD resolution, while the 24-inch class screen size features a 1080p full HD display. The L4200 Series will be available in March.
- V4210 Series: Toshiba's V4210 1080p Full HD LED/DVD Combo TV will available in the 24-inch class screen size and combines the space-saving convenience of a built-in DVD player with the latest picture and sound technologies. This TV is also equipped with the new Dynamic Picture Mode and Audyssey sound enhancement suite. Additional connectivity includes two HDMI ports and a USB Media port. The HD PC Input allows the TV to double as a high quality PC monitor. The V4210 will be available in March.
- L2200 Series: Toshiba's L2200 will be available in the new 50-inch class screen size with 1080p Full HD resolution and features new Direct LED technology. This TV includes the new Dynamic Picture Mode and Audyssey premium sound enhancement suite as well as two HDMI ports, an HD PC Input and a USB Media port. The L2200 features the new Aero Family Design and will be available in April.
- HT2 The Toshiba HT2 is available in the super large 65-inch class screen size. Equipped with 1080p Full HD resolution and ClearFrame™ 120Hz technology, this TV delivers true big screen home theater at a great value. Complete connectivity includes three HDMI ports, an HD PC Input and a USB Media port. The HT2 is available now.
- E220 Toshiba's E220 will be available in the 40-inch class screen size and offers 1080p Full HD resolution, Dynamic Picture Mode and Audyssey sound enhancement suite, which makes it ideal for all types of home entertainment, including gaming. Connectivity includes two HDMI ports, HD PC Input and USB Media port. The E220 will be available in January.
- C120 Toshiba's C120 will be available in the space-saving 32-inch screen size. The TV features 720p HD resolution, Dynamic Picture Mode and Audyssey sound enhancement suite, creating big punch in a smaller package. Connectivity includes two HDMI ports, an HD PC Input and a USB Media port. The C120 will be available in January.
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/ToshibaLEDTV
Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, on Facebook at facebook.com/ToshibaUSA and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
Access Communications for Toshiba
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.