Toshiba Brings World's Thinnest 10-inch Tablet to U.S. Market
Toshiba Brings World's Thinnest 10-inch Tablet to U.S. Market
World's Thinnest and Lightest 10-inch Tablet, Excite 10 LE, Available for Purchase on March 6, Starting at $529.99
IRVINE, Calif.Feb. 29, 2012Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced that the Excite™ 10 LE tablet will be available for purchase from select U.S. retailers on March 6. Previously introduced as the Excite X10, the Excite 10 LE is the world's thinnest and lightest 10-inch tablet measuring just 0.3 inches (7.7mm) thin and weighing just 1.18 pounds (535g) .
The Excite 10 LE tablet, powered by Android™, carries a starting price of $529.99 MSRP for the 16GB model and $599.99 MSRP for the 32GB model.
"Excite 10 LE embodies what a luxury tablet should be," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We have engineered this tablet with premium materials and components, given it elegant yet durable styling and more connectivity options than any other tablet in its class, while fitting everything into an astonishingly thin and light design."
A More Premium Design with All the Essentials
The thin and light Excite 10 LE features a vivid high-resolution 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite™ display , delivering optimum browsing, reading and entertainment. Designed for durability and style, the device also features a high-quality magnesium alloy surface and scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass display with an anti-smudge coating for greater resiliency.
The tablet also comes with an array of connectivity interfaces and ports on board, including micro-USB and micro-HDMI® ports, a micro-SD slot to share content and files with other devices, plus Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® connectivity. Stereo speakers with exclusive sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS® Labs deliver superior audio capabilities. Front and back HD cameras provide convenient photo capture, plus 1080p video recording and video chatting.
Smart Multicore Performance with Long Battery Life
Powered by the 1.2GHz Texas Instruments OMAP™ 4430 multicore mobile processor and dual-channel memory, the Excite 10 LE offers smooth web browsing and multitasking plus the performance for high definition video and entertainment. Extremely power efficient, the Excite 10 LE delivers up to 8 hours of battery life .
Powered by Android
The Excite 10 LE tablet features Android 3.2, Honeycomb, and will be upgraded to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich later this Spring. Also included is a full suite of familiar Google™ Mobile Service applications, including the Android Market™, YouTube™, Gmail™, Google Maps™, Music, Videos. Additionally, the tablet comes pre-loaded with a mix of Toshiba software and third-party applications including TOSHIBA App Place, TOSHIBA Book Place, TOSHIBA Media Player, TOSHIBA File Manager as well Netflix™ and Zinio™.
Docking and Accessories
Toshiba will also offer a suite of tablet accessories for the Excite 10 LE, including a docking station, multiple cases and more.
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/Excite10LE
- Android 3.2, Honeycomb (upgradeable to Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 multicore processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1" (W) x 6.9" (D) x 0.3" (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)
Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaUSA and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
Access Communications for Toshiba
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Excite is a trademark of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. and/or Toshiba Corporation. Android, Google, YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, and Android Market are trademarks of Google Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Weight. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
2. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."
3. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
4. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
5. Battery Life. Actual battery life may vary depending on settings, application usage, features or tasks selected, network configuration, operating temperature and many other factors. Battery tests were conducted by Toshiba using specific preproduction units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, Internet browsing using Wi-Fi and standby mode. Auto-Brightness was turned off.
6. Solid State Drive Capacity. Drive capacity may vary. One Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Solid State Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com