Toshiba Spins Out New Qosmio Gaming Laptops with Black Widow Design
Toshiba Spins Out New Qosmio Gaming Laptops with Black Widow Design
Enthusiast-class Qosmio X875 Series Laptops Deliver High-End Performance and Unique Styling at a Sub-$2,000 Price
IRVINE, Calif.Apr. 10, 2012Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced two new high-performance laptops, the Qosmio® X875 and Qosmio X875 3D, designed for enthusiast gamers, media creators and advanced users who demand the most powerful equipment. The laptops are fully equipped with the latest processor technology from Intel® and NVIDIA®, providing users with the power and speed required to take on the most demanding tasks and graphics-intensive applications with ease.
Premium Performance and Style for Power Users
The new Qosmio X875 and X875 3D laptops are powered by 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processors1 that deliver amazing performance and stunning visuals boosted by NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 670M graphics processor2 with 3GB of GDDR5 discrete graphics memory3 to take on graphics-heavy projects and the latest 3D games. The multimedia powerhouse gaming laptops are encased in Toshiba's new Black Widow styling, featuring a diamond-textured aluminum body and a glowing red LED Qosmio logo on the cover with raised tile LED-backlit keyboard and 10 keypad.
"Power users have grown accustomed to a high level of performance and style from Toshiba's Qosmio line," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Whether it's the latest graphics processors, new stylish designs or innovative smart technologieswe're dedicated to bringing it all to our customers at an affordable price."
The Ultimate Gaming and Multimedia Machine
Every technical component needed for a truly immersive gaming and multimedia experience can be found in Toshiba's latest Qosmio laptops. A high-resolution 17.3-inch diagonal HD+ (1600x900) TruBrite® display4or a full 1080p HD with 3D-ready screen that includes NVIDIA 3D Vision® 25 Kit with Lightboostoffer the expansive screen real estate necessary for heavy duty gaming, content editing and multitasking. These brilliant displays are paired with built-in harman/kardon® Quad Speakers with Slipstream technology that produce superior audio and SRS® Premium Sound 3D™ that enhances the surround sound experience. All of these advanced audio/visual features combined with a Blu-ray Disc™ player make the Qosmio X875 Series the ultimate gaming and movie-watching powerhouse. The systems are also equipped with an HDMI® port that delivers 1080p output to an HDTV, as well as the Toshiba Media Controller6 software that lets users easily share and stream content with other DLNA-compatible devices within a home network.
Intelligent Features for Smarter Computing
Toshiba's newest Qosmio laptops sport a variety of smart technologies, including Toshiba Sleep & Music7 that allows users to utilize the premium speakers to enjoy music even while the laptop is powered down. They also offer dual USB Sleep & Charge8 ports that enable users to charge their USB-powered devices while the system is sleeping or powered off. The devices are also well-equipped with four USB 3.09 ports and are available with speedy hybrid hard drives and dual hard drive combinations in configurations with up to 2TB10 of on-board storage, as well as up to four slots (two user accessible) for 1600MHz memory. They also offer high-speed connectivity with Gigabit Ethernet and wireless capabilities for faster upload/download and LAN gaming.
Pricing and Availability
The Qosmio X875 and Qosmio X875 3D laptops will be available for purchase at the beginning of Q3 2012 at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com. Pricing starts at $1,299 MSRP11 and runs up to $2,499 MSRP11.
Image Gallery: bit.ly/QosmioX875
Connect with Toshiba on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaUSA and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
3. Memory. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
4. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
5. 3D Vision. Some individuals may experience health-related complications when exposed to certain 3D images. Parents should monitor and/or supervise their children's use of 3D Vision. If you or your child should experience any problem, immediately stop using 3D Vision and consult a physician. Carefully read safety instructions included with the NVIDIA 3D Vision kit and take the "User Vision Test" in the setup wizard before you or your child use 3D Vision. If you see excessive flicker in your peripheral vision, change the refresh rate of your display.
6. Toshiba Media Controller. Copy protection technology, if any, associated with the content may prevent or limit sharing of content.
7. Toshiba Sleep & Music. In this mode, the headphone jack and mute functions are disabled. The volume and sound quality will differ compared to the quality when the product is turned on. Use the volume control on your audio device to adjust sound. Audio line-in cable is not included.
8. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
9. USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
10 Hard drive capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
11.Pricing. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."