Toshiba Announces Availability of Back to School Line-up at Major Retailers, Online and Throughtout the U.S.
Toshiba Announces Availability of Back to School Line-up at Major Retailers, Online and Throughtout the U.S.
IRVINE, Calif.June 21, 2012Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced that its complete Back to School product line-up will be available for purchase from select U.S. retailers starting on June 24. Offering a full suite of products for every type of student, Toshiba's latest offerings come equipped with key features at affordable prices.
"Students this year will benefit from a breadth of choices when it comes to Toshiba's Back to School products. Not only will they be able to pick between a laptop, Ultrabook™, tablet and All-in-One (AIO) Desktop PC, they'll also have numerous options within each category," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We've designed numerous devices to meet a variety of needseverything from entry-level and high-end gaming laptops to mainstream and premium Ultrabooks to tablets of varying sizes. This line-up addresses the diverse needs and budgets of students of all ages."
Tablets: One Size Does Not Fit All
Toshiba's latest tabletsthe Excite™ 7.7 and Excite™ 10are perfect for students looking for a portable system for note-taking during lectures and game-playing during breaks. The Excite 7.7, the latest addition to the Excite tablet family, features a stunning 7.7-inch diagonal AMOLED display1 made of scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass that makes it not only sturdy, but also ideal for mobile entertainment, including gaming and movie-watching. The Excite 10 hosts a bright, HD 10.1-inch diagonal AutoBrite™ LED Backlit display1 with 1280x800 resolution and 10-finger multi-touch support, making it ideal for Web browsing, reading, games and apps.
Both the Excite 7.7 and Excite 10 are equipped with the NVIDIA® Tegra™ 3 processor2 to deliver brilliant performance with GeForce® graphics3 , 1GB of memory4 , numerous built-in ports and are powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. Both are extremely portable, with the Excite 7.7 weighing a mere 13.4 ounces and measuring 0.3 inches thin and the Excite 10 weighing just 1.32 pounds5 and measuring 0.35 inches thin.
To learn more about Toshiba's Excite tablets, visit www.thetoshibatablets.com.
Ultrabooks: Premium Performance Packed Into Sleek and Light Designs
Toshiba's newly announced Satellite® U845 and Portégé® Z935 are bringing high-end performance to students this year, without burdening their backpacks with heavy weight. The Satellite® U845 brings everyday productivity and entertainment to a thin and light design and offers it for a highly affordable price. This Ultrabook is equipped with a 14-inch diagonal HD TruBrite display1, available 3rd generation Intel Core processor2, 500GB hard drive with solid state disk cache, stereo speakers enhanced with SRS® Premium Sound 3D™, USB 3.08 with Sleep & Charge6 and more.
The Portégé® Z935 remains the world's lightest 13.3-inch Ultrabook, weighing less than 2.5 pounds5 and measuring a mere 0.63 inches. This premium Ultrabook offers users the performance needed for work and play with 3rd generation Intel Core processor2s, numerous connectivity ports, a long battery7 life rating of up to 8 hours and a solid state drive that helps to deliver a highly responsive experience. The Portégé® Z935 is encased in magnesium alloy reinforced with a Honeycomb Rib design that provides shock absorption and increased rigidity, so despite its thin design, the unit remains extremely durable.
Laptops: Every Need Met, From Features to Budget
Toshiba's Back to School laptops offer something for every student working with any budget. Toshiba is offering everything from the most basic system for younger grades, premium units for higher education and everything in-between.
For younger students looking to purchase a solid entry-level, all-around laptop that offers the essential features at a reasonable price, the Satellite® L800 and C800 Series laptops are fully equipped, affordable and portable. These systems pair everyday computing performance with style and are available in a wide range of configurations and diagonal screen sizes, including 14, 15.6 and 17.3 inches.
Toshiba's Satellite S800 Series and Satellite P800 Series laptops are strong choices for consumers pursuing higher education, as the Satellite S800 Series offers up smart performance and the Satellite
P800 Series offers up premium performance that will help them power through the long and arduous hours. These laptops are equipped with 3rd generation Intel Core processor2s or AMDs latest multi-core Accelerated Processing Units and offer a number of smart Toshiba technologies, including USB Sleep & Charge6 and Media Controller software. While the Satellite S800 Series laptops provide students with all of the essential computing features, the Satellite P800 Series laptops offer up all of the essentials along with additional premium features, including harman/kardon® speakers and additional USB 3.08 ports.
The Qosmio® X875 and Qosmio® X875 3D laptops cater to students who also double as enthusiast gamers, media creators and advanced users who demand the most powerful equipment. These laptops are fully equipped with the latest processor2 technology from Intel® and NVIDIA®, providing users with the power and speed required to take on the most demanding tasks and graphics3-intensive applications with ease.
All-in-One Desktop Computers: Effective Multitasking and HD Entertainment for the Dorm Room
Toshiba's 21.5-inch LX815 and 23-inch LX835 All-in-One Desktop PCs are ideal for students looking for a dorm room computer to deliver high performance for effective multitasking and HD entertainment, style and affordable pricing. These uniquely designed All-in-Ones are fully equipped with 3rd generation Intel Core processor2s, up to 16GB of memory4, up to 3TB high-speed hard drives, two USB 3.08 ports plus four USB 2.0 ports and super sound from Onkyo speakers with SRS Premium Sound 3D. It's the perfect system for students looking to balance schoolwork and an entertainment-filled life.
Pricing and Availability
Toshiba's entire Back to School line-up will be available for purchase beginning on June 24.
The following products will be sold at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com:
Connect with Toshiba on Facebook at facebook.com/ToshibaUSA, on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
- The Excite 7.7 costs $499.99 MSRP9 for the 16GB model and $579.99 MSRP9 for the 32GB model.
- The Excite 10 tablet is available for purchase for $449.99 MSRP9 for the 16GB model, $529.99 MSRP9 for the 32GB model and $649.99 MSRP9 for the 64GB model.
- The Satellite® U845 Ultrabooks starts at $749.99 MSRP9.
- The Satellite® L845 Series laptops start at $599.99 MSRP9. The L855 Series laptops start at $599.99 MSRP9. The Satellite® L875 Series laptops start at $645.99 MSRP9.
- The Satellite® C800 Series laptops start at $399.99 MSRP9.
- The Satellite® S800 Series start at $659.99 MSRP9.
- The Qosmio® X875 and Qosmio® X875 3D laptops start at $1,449 MSRP9.
- The Toshiba LX815 starts at $699.99 MSRP9 and LX835 starts at $849.99 MSRP9.
- The Portégé® Z935 Ultrabooks start at $1010.99 MSRP10.
- The Satellite® P845 Series laptops start at $785.99, the Satellite® P855 starting at $905.99 MSRP and the Satellite® P875 will be available for purchase starting at $856.99 MSRP10.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba Corporation is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
2. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
3. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
4. Memory size may vary. See Memory Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
5. Weight may vary. See Weight Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
6. The “USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
7. Battery Life Rating. Measured by MobileMark® [Productivity 2007/Reader 2007] for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life may vary. See Battery Life Rating Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
8. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
9. Pricing. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price.”
10. These products will be sold exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide, on BestBuy.com/toshiba and ToshibaDirect.com