Toshiba Unveils Updated Mainstream Laptop Lineup
Toshiba Unveils Updated Mainstream Laptop Lineup
IRVINE, Calif.Sept. 24, 2013Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced updates to its mainstream laptop line-up, including new Satellite® and Qosmio® laptops that are available starting on September 29, 2013.
"We really have created something for everyone here," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "From the budget conscious consumer to the content creating guru to the gaming god, Toshiba's new Satellite and Qosmio laptops can handle virtually any consumer need, and thanks to their innovative and sleek designs, they'll look great doing it."
The Updated Line-Up Includes:
- Qosmio X Series: For gaming gods, mad multitaskers, and creative pros who want an enthusiast-class laptop, the 17.3-inch Qosmio X75 delivers the latest technologies for maximum performance. Refined, yet aggressive styling of the device will appeal to professionals and gamers alike. The laptop features the new 4th generation Intel® Core i7 processor1, quad memory slots, NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 770M discrete graphics2 with Optimus technology and 3GB of DDR5 video memory, and can be configured with a high performance 1TB hybrid hard drive, an SSD Drive, or a 1.5TB standard hard drive3 with the option of a second hard drive. The laptop is fully equipped for entertainment with a full HD display, Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive4, quad Harman Kardon® speakers and UltraHD output via HDMI®. To complement the Qosmio X75's powerful features right out of the box, full versions of the #1 selling consumer photo and video editing software Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere® Elements 11 software are included as well as $50 worth of credits that can be used toward the multiple award-winning game Hawken.
- Satellite P Series: Perfect for multimedia and power users who want premium performance and an unmatched entertainment experience with a touch of style, the Satellite P Series has been thoroughly modernized with near-Ultrabook thinness without sacrificing performance. Premium features include a Full HD 15.6-inch diagonal touchscreen display5, frameless LED backlit keyboard, NVIDIA discrete graphics option, and the beautiful sound of Harman Kardon® speakers with Slipstream port technology. Additional features include a new and improved USB Sleep & Charge6 for charging larger devices like tablets, speech recognition technology to control your laptop with your voice, and UltraHD output via HDMI.
- Satellite S Series: A true premium PC offering core performance and advanced features for entertainment and productivity, the Satellite S Series features powerful performance with an upscale design. The laptops have LED backlit keyboards, premium Harman Kardon speakers, and a sleek and slim brushed Aluminum design in Ice Silver. The new S Series feature powerful 4th generation Intel Core i5 or Core i7 processors with NVIDIA discrete graphics option or the new elite quad-core AMD A10 Accelerated Processing Unit. Available with 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD or HD and 17.3-inch diagonal HD+ displays with optional touchscreens, the laptops can be configured with up to 1TB of storage and 16GB of DDR3 memory.
- Satellite L Series: Thin, everyday PCs with comprehensive features and configurability, the Satellite L Series is now available with the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors or the elite AMD Accelerated Processing Unit. Featuring refined styling and near-Ultrabook thinness, Satellite L Series are packed with big 15.6-inch diagonal HD with touchscreen availability or 17.3-inch diagonal HD+ displays, rich audio with DTS® Studio Sound, as well as improved USB 3.0 with high-power Sleep & Charge technology for charging larger devices like tablets, even if the laptop is off. The laptops can be configured with hard drives up to 1TB and up to 8GB of fast DDR3 memory.
- Satellite C Series: The popular Satellite C Series basic laptop family shares the same Skyline design found on higher-end Toshiba laptops. Available in 15.6- and 17.3-inch diagonal screen sizes, the C Series continues to provide an amazing value with full-size keyboards featuring 10-key numeric pads, hard drives up to 750GB and up to 8GB of DDR3 memory. Now featuring optional touchscreens with edge-to-edge glass, premium raised-tile keyboards and Toshiba's sleek Fusion Finish on select models, the laptops can be configured with the latest processors, including 4th generation Intel Core processors, the value Pentium 2020M processor as well as powerful Accelerated Processing Units from AMD including the quad-core A4 and A6 and value AMD E-Series processors.
Pricing and Availability
The Qosmio X Series starts at $1,399.99 MSRP7.
The Satellite P Series starts at $799.99 MSRP.
The Satellite S Series starts at $599.99 MSRP.
The Satellite L Series starts at $529.99 MSRP.
The Satellite C Series starts $359.99 MSRP.
The new Qosmio X Series and Satellite S Series, L Series and C Series laptops will be available at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com starting on September 29, 2013.
Image Gallery: http://bit.ly/ToshibaSatelliteHoliday2013.
Connect with Toshiba on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ToshibaUSA, on Twitter at twitter.com/ToshibaUSA, and on YouTube at youtube.com/ToshibaUS.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
©2013 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1. Processor. CPU performance may vary. See Processor Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
3. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
4. Blu-ray Disc Player Technology. Compatibility and/or performance issues are possible. See Blu-Ray Disc Player Technology Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
5. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
6. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
7. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price."