In 2007, Toshiba Corporation established its Environmental Vision 2050, which is the company's long-term commitment to contribute to a better environment by recognizing and responding to environmental issues.
As part of Environmental Vision 2050, Toshiba aims to improve the value and eco-efficiency of its products and business processes and to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide by the equivalent of 57.6 million tons per year in FY2025 compared with FY2000, while concurrently working to enhance its environmental efficiency.
In addition, Toshiba aims to contribute to society by sustaining a healthy Earth and create value with the products and services it delivers to the global community. The company will endeavor to meet specific goals and address environmental issues through two approaches: Energy Vision and Eco Products Vision.
The Energy Vision focuses on enhancing nuclear power business and promoting deployment of high-efficiency thermal power plants and CO2 fixation, while also working to advance the capabilities of power transmission networks and realize new energy sources. The Eco Products Vision stresses the enhanced development of environmentally friendly products, the improved assessment of product life cycles and impacts, and the manufacture of products that ultimately provide a higher consumer value.
See how LED technology is changing the way we think about lighting and why it's leaving the competition behind.
- Toshiba Introduces New LED Dusk-to-Dawn Luminaire February 12, 2014
- Toshiba Introduces New Wallpack LED Luminaires February 6, 2014
- Toshiba LED Lighting Continues To Win High-Profile Hospitality Lighting Projects February 5, 2014
- Toshiba LED Lighting Wins Top Honor For Outdoor Product Design January 27, 2014
- Toshiba Lights Up Times Square for the Holiday Season December 19, 2013